Our charge is to maintain and create trail systems for recreation (hiking, skiing, biking, snowmobiling, hunting, ATV [where appropriate]) in conjunction with the Poland Conservation Commission’s Open Space Plan dated December 2009.
What if we were able to create a large scale map of all of the existing trails in Poland; that include a variety of recreation (walking, jogging, mountain biking, horseback riding, hiking, commuter, parks, access to campgrounds, ponds, lakes, historic sites, etc…) What if we then made small working maps for residents and visitors?
Developing and maintaining a trail system takes a great deal of effort. With most land being privately owned and people wanting to protect their land we need to strive for the following:
- Be outstanding stewards of the land.
- Do our best to keep the trails clean!
- Only use trails that we have written permission to use!
- Develop a positive working relationship with other organizations that utilize the same land and trails.
- Educate the public on local trails and their intended uses!