Poland, Maine is a vibrant, rural community at the crossroads of central Maine. With excellent access to two of Maine’s three metropolitan areas, a business–oriented Town Government, and a modern school system, people and businesses thrive. The Town of Poland covers an area of 49.7 sq. miles and has a population of approximately 6000 year round resident and many more seasonal visitors. Poland teems with a wealth of recreation opportunities including five lakes, three golf courses, hiking, snowmobiling, and ATV trails, hunting, fishing, museums, campgrounds, mineral camps, a town beach, and more.
Poland has Economic Growth Potential
- The Route 26 corridor has water, sewage, and 3 phase power (see map for locations).
- Route 26 with a large traffic count, is the major thoroughfare for year-round travelers to and from the Portland and Bethel regions including destinations like the Oxford Casino and Sunday River and Mt. Abram ski resorts.
- One of 31 Towns Certified ‘Business Friendly’ in Maine.
- Nearly 50 % of Maine’s population is located within a 30-mile radius of Poland.
- Team approach to assist New & Existing Businesses expansion in Poland.
- Tax Increment Financing in downtown Poland and in Poland Spring Area.
If you or you know someone interested in expanding or moving a business to Poland please contact the Town Manager or any CEDC member.