FULL TIME FIRE RESCUE - 2 POSITIONS
The Town of Poland is recruiting for two (2) full time positions to join our fire rescue team. These positions will work a rotating 24 hours on shift with 72 hours off shift with our other full-time staff. Poland Fire Rescue is a combination department with staffing levels at four (4) members on duty from 0600-1800 and two (2) members on duty 1800-0600.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Candidates must be a minimum of eighteen (18) years of age at the time of application
- Applicant must pass a physical agility test
- Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license with the ability to obtain a State of Maine license within thirty (30) days
- Current EMT (paramedic preferred) licensure in good standing, candidates will be required to maintain EMS licensure
- Firefighting experience preferred; must obtain Firefighter I & II Pro Board Certification within two (2) years of hire date
- Maine PERS 1C retirement plan
- Paid training
- Education stipends
- Yearly uniform allowance
- IAFF Union Local 5232
- Holiday pay
- Earned vacation, sick and personal leave
- 85% paid health insurance by employer, 15% paid by employee
- Sponsored flexible spending account (FSA)
- 100% paid one-time salary life insurance
Deadline for submitting applications and resume is June 13, 2022 by 1500 hrs.
FULL TIME FIRE RESCUE ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT - CLOSED
The Poland Fire Rescue Department is accepting applications for a full-time administrative assistant to provide administrative support to the Fire Rescue Chief and other members of the department as needed and/or directed. We are seeking a highly motivated individual with excellent communication skills and a team player mentality. This public facing position is responsible for the Fire Rescue Department's administrative functions and clerical tasks, such as organizational planning and assessment, resource coordination, data analysis/research, records keeping, reporting, business communications, public interaction, and purchasing.
JOB DESCRIPTION & APPLICATION
FULL TIME TRANSFER STATION ATTENDANT - FILLED
The Town of Poland is seeking a full time Transfer Station Attendant. This job requires you to be in the elements and to stand for up to an entire shift length of ten hours. Applicants must pass a physical, drug screening and possess a motor vehicle license. Benefits include vacation time, sick time, personal time, and an option to enroll in retirement and health care benefits. Summer hours are Sunday, Monday, Friday, Saturday 7 AM - 5 PM and Winter hours are Sunday, Monday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday 8 AM - 4 PM. To apply please submit an application to the Town Office.
Town of Poland Application
FIRE RESCUE JOB OPPORTUNITIES - ONGOING
Firefighter/EMT Job Openings - The Town of Poland is accepting applications for a per diem Firefighter/EMT (Paramedic preferred). We offer a competitive wage as well as the opportunity for advancement.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Must possess and maintain a valid State of Maine driver’s license
- Current EMT licensure in good standing, candidates will be required to maintain EMS licensure
- Valid CPR certification
- EVOC certification
- Firefighter 1 & 2 certificate or equivalent
Cover letter, resume, and application can be dropped off in person or mailed:
Mailing address: 1231 Maine Street Poland, Maine 04274
Physical Address: 33 Poland Corner Road Poland, Maine 04274
Physical agility test & interviews to follow
FIRE RESCUE APPLICATION FOR EMPLOYMENT
FIRE RESCUE AGILITY TEST INFORMATION