We will be holding Elections on Tuesday, July 14, 2020 at the Town Hall from 8 AM - 8 PM. Please understand that this election will look very different in person than usual. The list below highlights some of the differences that you will come across when voting in person.
- 6 ft distancing while waiting in line to get into the Town Hall and vote
- Less booths will be available because we need to keep 6 ft distancing
- Masks will be required to be worn by all staff and voters upon entering the building
- Pens to mark ballots will be handed out with your ballot
- Front of Town Hall will be ENTRANCE ONLY
- Back of Town Hall will be EXIT ONLY
- Two ballot machines, local in one and State in the other
- Much slower lines due to only being able to have so many inside the poll lines because of social distancing
- Plexi glass between the check in and ballot clerks and the public
- Cleaning of booths between each person who votes, yes this will be time consuming but is required
- Registrar will not be located in the Town Hall but will be located at the Town Office. So if you need to register to vote, register in a party, or change parties, address, or name you will be required to go across the parking lot to the Town Office building then return to the Town Hall to vote after the changes are made. This is due to the social distancing requirements and how many people we can hold in the building at one time per Executive Orders.
If you are concerned about any of the changes listed above please understand that you are able to request an absentee ballot. Absentee ballots will be available as soon as we receive them from the State. Please look for tomorrow's news article that relates to Absentee Ballots and how to request them and what our process is to count them.